Thursday 20 June 2013

This week I'd like you to write about the best holiday you ever had. I cannot say for sure but I think mine was a trip my husband and I made to Peru and Bolivia in 2001. We flew to Arica and stayed the night in a hostel. The next day we took a minibus to Tacna and a bus to Arequipa. We stayed in a cheap hostel in Arequipa but also spent one night in Colca Canyon (to see the baby Condors). On the trip to Colca we made friends with 2 Italian guys and 2 Israeli girls who we kept meeting throughout our trip. After about 4 days in Arequipa we took a flight to Cusco. We could have taken a 19-hour bus ride for about 2 dollars but we decided on the 30-minute, 50 dollar flight because it was rainy season and some of the roads were blocked. Also there had been rumours of bandits holding up the buses and robbing the tourists. Cusco was great. Obviously we went to Machu Picchu which was amazing. It was raining when we arrived but the sun came out late in the afternoon when all the one-day tourists had left. My husband and I had arranged to stay overnight in Aguas Calientes, the nearest village, and we walked up to Machu Picchu again the following day at 8 am to see the sunrise. We also climbed Huayna Picchu as well which has an amazing view and is a great place to take photos. In Aguas Calientes we met a group of Argentinians in a bar and they told us about an amazing hotel in Coroico, Bolivia that involved travelling down the "Road of Death". So, off we went to Coroico via Puno (for 30 minutes), Copacobana for two nights, with trips on Lake Titicaca to La Isla del Sol and La Isla de la Luna included, and La Paz. Coroico was great. The Road of Death was scary and the hotel was just as amazing as the Argentinians had said it was. Actually, the Road of Death (in the picture)  was so scary I didn't want to leave Coroico! Eventually, I had to. Luckily we made it back to La Paz safe and sound. A couple of days later we took a bus back to Chile via Lake Chungara. Great trip! So, write about a great holiday you had.

 Say:

 Where you went,

 Who you went with,

 How long you stayed,

 What you did,

 Why you enjoyed it so much.

 Mention anything else you thing is important. Write a comment on the blogs of at least 3 class members.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a very similar vacations with my eldest sister. I was in the road of Death to and I think is very terrifying.

    I think Coroico is very beautiful and Machu Pichu is amazing!

    ReplyDelete